Coffee with Mr. P: Come join Mr. P for coffee and discussion Tuesday, October 20th, 9:00 – 9:45am in the Beethoven gym. Parents can bring any concerns or issues they want to discuss. Everyone is welcome!
Mr P and Ms Krakow Report:
Ms. Krakow discussed the new instructional leadership team examining student data to determine an instructional focus for the year. It was found that students need to focus on making claims and supporting them with evidence and reasoning.
Beethoven playground is currently waiting for swings and architect sign off – Hopefully will be open any day now!
New chromebook carts in both buildings. Each grade level at the Ohrenberger will have their own cart. A tablet cart was purchased for Kindergarten
1st and 2nd grade each now have Mimeo teach – technology that turns whiteboards into smartboards
New staff additions to both buildings including a social worker at the Ohrenberger: Ms. Welch. who is available for consultations with families. Contact Ms. Krakow for more info.
A reminder from Mr. P to please use the crosswalks in the parking lot!
There is no staff on duty at the Ohrenberger before 8:15am – you are urged not to drop your child off early.
Thursday, October 22nd is Walk to School Day. – There will be pedestrian education for second graders, i.e. where to walk vs. run, parking lot safety, etc
- Coat Exchange (Cathy) – Begins October 26th. Please bring outerwear you no longer use and pick up outerwear that you may need.
- Book exchange – Donate children’s books you no longer need to our book exchange in the parents’ room. Take books that you may want.
- Bake Sale (Cathy) -November 3rd – this will be a small sale – just morning and then again after school until dinnertime
- Beethoven International Night (Jess and Erin) Potluck celebration of the many cultures at our school. Please bring a dish from your culture to share and enjoy trying new ones.
- Launch Fundraiser (Lisa) – January 4th (4pm-8pm) Come enjoy the indoor-trampoline park in Norwood. There is no school in Boston that day. We will receive 25% of the proceeds.
- Savers Fundraiser (Suzanne) – During the week of November 16th-21st we will earn a percentage of all donations made to Savers West Roxbury. Make sure to mention Beethoven/Ohrenberger when you donate!
We hope to have a casual celebration at the new playground once it opens.
Volunteer coordinators needed for fundraising events: local restaurants, plaster fun time, etc.
Coordinator needed to oversee the Beethoven website. Knowledge of WordPress is a plus, but not required. – Contact Magda Hernandez if interested.
We are alwatys collecting: Labels for Education, Boxtops for Education and Coke Rewards
Parents Rock! needs a co-coordinator. If you are interested please contact Michele Sarro.
Craft fair– Looking for new volunteers to shadow Cindy, Britt and Joan in order to take it over next year.
MMM Update: Making Music Matters is now on Facebook- Parents are asked to take pictures of kids practicing at home to be used on the Facebook page- Please post photos directly onto the FB page or email to Joan Chan or Britt Young. Attached to the meeting notes is a complete update for MMM.
Citywide Parents Council: There are currently two seats available on the Citywide Parents Council. The council meets one Tuesday a month at the Bolling Building. Please contact Harneen Chernow with any questions.
DonorsChoose.org: Mrs. Shields and Ms. Mahoney both currently have projects on donorschoose.org Please consider donating to them at donorschoose.org Also if you enter the code JCREWCARES15 at checkout they will match your donation.